Friday, December 17, 2010

With Gratitude and Excitement

Dear Young Adults,

I know you received a message from Mark earlier today informing you that I will be coming on staff in January to serve as the Director of Young Adult Ministries at PPC. I could not be more overjoyed to begin in this position. Ian and I found PPC online when we were still living in Austin, and from the beginning, we felt drawn to this congregation. We decided that we would attend PPC and jump into its life together. At the time, I did not anticipate that I would have the opportunity to know you so deeply and to serve in this way. With great excitement, I say yes to this new adventure! I feel very called to be with you and the broader PPC family at this time. I look forward to all we will learn and experience together.

As you know, the church is struggling financially as are so many other congregations during these tough economic times. For that reason, the church cannot afford for this position to be full-time at the present moment, but the leaders of the church - Staff and Session - strongly believe in the importance of Young Adult Ministry, and they felt it was important to uplift who we are together and to provide staff for what we will do with one another. There is obviously a renewed sense of energy in forming a meaningful community here, as was evidenced by our wonderful Christmas Party a week ago. This energy and this community is certainly not new, but I do sense there is great anticipation for what is ahead and for what is present right now!

So starting in January, I'll be serving quarter-time in this capacity, ten hours a week. Even though that's not a great deal of time, you can know that you will have my best my energy! I'm so excited to discover all of the possibilities that will unfold.

I look forward to getting to know each one of you!

With gratitude and excitement, I'll close with a simple but wonderful prayer by Dag Hammerskjold:

"For all that has been, thanks.
For all that will be -- YES!"

Peace,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment